Sun. 26 March 2017 [Tour code: 16D260317]
Sun. 02 April 2017 [Tour code: 16D020417]
Deluxe Quality tour / Small Escorted Tour Around 18 people
* Fitness Level: Reasonable walking involved. Should be able to comfortably walk at least 2 kilometres without stopping.
Welcome aboard a JANESCO Tour of Japan – Lots of new tour destinations in 2017 tour
- The Cherry Blossom Dreams Tour has been designed for our customers to catch the cherry blossoms at their best.
- Fully escorted small tour conducted by experienced licensed guide/escort.
- You will visit all the famous and most popular destinations chosen by overseas visitors.
- Opportunities to experience Japanese culture. Suited for first timer and repeat travellers.
We are confident that we have created a most interesting and memorable holiday in Japan for you!
|Tour Prices as of 7 October 2016|
|Land Only||$7,200 / Twin share/person.|
|Single Room Supplement||$1,340 (limited seats available)|
|Day 1 SYDNEY – TOKYO||Sun 26 MAR
Sun 02 APR
|Day flight to Narita airport and transfer to hotel in Tokyo.
_ _ _
|Day 2 TOKYO – KYOTO||Mon 27 MAR
Mon 03 APR
|Morning tour by metro, visit Asakusa temple and
stroll down the colourful Nakamise shopping
arcade. Afternoon, travel to Kyoto by Bullet Train.
Kyoto is officially one of Japan’s Top destinations.
If you are lucky, view famous Mt. Fuji from Bullet
Train window. Upon arrival at Kyoto, visit Kiyomizu
temple overlooking the city. Part of the fun of visiting
Kiyomizu Temple is the approach to the temple
along the steep and busy lanes of atmospheric
Higashiyama. Check in at hotel for 4 nights.
B _ D
|Day 3 KYOTO & NARA||Tue 28 MAR
Tue 04 APR
|Morning, meet in the hotel lobby with your group
and tour escort. This morning, enjoy a sightseeing
tour of Kyoto, visiting Nijo Castle, The Golden Pavilion
and Handicraft centre. Afternoon, travel to
Nara, the ancient capital of Japan and visit Nara
Todaiji temple and Nara deer park.
B _ _
|Day 4 KYOTO||Wed 29 Mar
Wed 05 APR
|Morning, enjoy a walking tour of Fushimi Inari,
famous for its thousands of vermilion torii gates.
Aftenoon, experience the sights, sounds and
smells of historic Nishiki arcade, the provedores to
Kyoto’s leading restaurants. JANESCO Optional tour: Japanese Dinner with Geisha accompaniment & traditional dances.
B _ _
|Day 5 KYOTO||Thu 30 Mar
Thu 06 APR
|Day at leisure. Enjoy JANESCO optional tours.
1. Sagano tour. Kyoto countryside area is famous
for its bamboo grove and specialty handcraft
shops including pottery, Japanese rice paper, bamboo
craft and handmade clay bell shops and/or
2. Japanese Dinner with Geisha accompaniment &
traditional dance performances. Enjoy a magnificent
dinner with opportunity to talk with Geisha.
B _ _
|Day 6 KYOTO – HIMEJI – OKAYAMA||Fri 31 Mar
Fri 07 APR
|Bullet train to Himeji castle which is most famous for its
magnificent castle, Himeji Castle, widely considered to be
Japan’s most beautiful surviving feudal castle. The castle is
designated both a national treasure and a UNESCO world
heritage site. Travel then to Okayama and stay for 3 nights
B _ D
|Day 7 OKAYAMA – HIROSHIMA – OKAYAMA||Sat 01 APR
Sat 08 APR
|Morning, travel to Hiroshima by Bullet Train. Visit Hiroshima
Peace Museum and Miyajima Island, a small island famous
for Itsukushima Shrine & floating torii gate, officially one of
Japan’s ”Top 3 Views” and another well-known UNESCO
World Heritage Site.
B _ _
|Day 8 OKAYAMA – TAKAMATSU – OKAYAMA||Sun 02 APR
Sun 09 APR
|Cross the inland sea, visit Takamatsu Ritsurin Park which is
the largest national special scenic Beauty Garden, made up
of 6 ponds and 13 hills beautifully arranged against the
green pine trees as well as many stone arrangements that
evolve into the wonderful style of the early Edo era.
B _ _
|Day 9 OKAYAMA – KANAZAWA||Mon 03 APR
Mon 10 APR
|Morning, travel to the Samurai town Kanazawa. Upon arrival
visit Kanazawa’s old Geisha District, Gold Leaf and famous
Kutani Pottery workshops, the former samurai residential
area and the Kenrokuen Garden which is another of Japan’s
most famous gardens. Stay in Kanazawa for 2 nights.
B _ _
|Day 10 KANAZAWA – TAKAYAMA – SHIRAKAWAGO – KANAZAWA||Tue 04 Apr
Tue 11 APR
|Travel on to Shirakawago Ogimachi, a small world heritage
listed village, nestled in the mountains beside a pristine
mountain river. Travel to another old town Takayama whose
isolation has allowed Edo period streets, lined with tiny
shops, museums and eating places, to survive to this day.
Return to Kanazawa.
B _ D
|Day 11 KANAZAWA – NOZAWA hot spring village||Fri 08 APR
Tue 12 APR
|Travel by New Hokuriku Bullet Train to Iiyama.
Afternoon visit famous Nagano snow monkey park* near
hot springs (Onsen). Transfer to Nozawa, a 370 year old
authentic hot spring town with a quaint village atmosphere.
Enjoy a dip in Onsen and traditional Ryokan dinner.
*It requires a fair level of fitness to walk on a hill side to
get to the Snow Monkey park and back. An approximately
25-30 minutes walk each way.
B _ D
|Day 12 NOZAWA – KISO VALLEY – NAGOYA New!||Thu 06 APR
Thu 13 APR
|Travel to Kiso Valley / Tsumago village, a town seldom
visited by group tours, where cars are banned and signs of
modernity such as power lines are hidden to maintain the
old style ambiance. After strolling along the old streets,
Travel on to Nagoya and stay 1 night.
B _ _
|Day 13 NAGOYA – TOKYO||Fri 07 APR
Fri 14 APR
|Before heading back to Tokyo this morning, we visit the
Toyota Museum. New! After lunch, we travel back to Tokyo
by Bullet Train. Check in at hotel in Daiba for 2 nights.
B L _
|Day 14 TOKYO||Sat 08 APR
Sat 15 APR
|Full day trip to Mt. Fuji & Hakone region. Enjoy picturesque
Hakone and a Lake Ashi cruise and Ropeway (gondola)
ride. Lunch at local restaurant by the lakeside. Return to
Tokyo. Farewell Dinner.
B _ D
|Day 15 TOKYO – HOME||Sun 09 APR
Sun 16 APR
|Morning at leisure. Late afternoon, transfer to airport.
(airport transfer is not included)
B _ _
|Day 16 Arriving home||Mon 10 APR
Mon 17 APR
|Morning Arrival. Interstate passengers connecting flight.|
Tour Package includes:
- Return Economy class airfares (tax & other charges are not included)
- Japan airport transportation (except for “Land Only” passengers)
- Japan Rail pass – ordinary class. All transfers and admissions for sightseeing as specified
- Baggage porterage – one piece/person
(Day 2 Tokyo→Kyoto, Day 5 Kyoto→Okayama, Day 8 Okayama→Kanazawa, Day 10 Kanazawa →Tokyo )
- Deluxe quality accommodation with private facilities . Total of 22 meals included – Breakfast (14) Lunch (1) Dinner (5)
- Tokyo, visiting Asakusa temple and stroll down the colourful Nakamise shopping arcade
- Kyoto sightseeing tours visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo castle, Fushimi-Inari, Kiyomizu area and Sagano-Arashiyama
- Visiting Himeji majestic castle-reopening in 2016 after 6 years restoration work
- Sightseeing tours to Hiroshima, Miyajima with Seto Inland sea ferry
- Kanazawa half day tour of Kenrokuen Garden, Higashiyama old district, Samurai residential area
- Visit Shirakawago village and Takayama with its morning market
- Nozawa onsen hot spring resort stay and visit to Nagano snow monkey park. (subject to one’s fitness level)
- A short walk of Kiso Valley. Explore Magome & Tsumago villages. Stay at Japanese Inn and try local home cooking
- Mt. Fuji & Hakone tours with Lake Ashi cruise and Ropeway ride
Optional tours available with English speaking guides.
|Day 5 Kyoto||Sagano Arashiyama tour|
|Day 5 Kyoto||Gaisha Dinner: Japanese Dinner with Geisha accompaniment & traditional dance performances.|
IMPORTANT: JANESCO’s tour escorts and English speaking guides are all fully licensed and we take great pride in meeting all necessary compliances and precautions mandated by JNTO (Japan National Tourist Organisation).